We've seen the Golden Globes, the People's Choice awards, and the SAG awards, and soon the Academy Awards will be presented. In the category of Best Sales Person of the Year, who would get your vote?
To get you started, here are some memorable roles that can help you define the characteristics of the sales rep that deserves to win the Oscar for Best Sales Person of the Year:
- Sherlock Homes (Consulting detective) - the sales rep who keeps digging and investigating to find out what your challenges are.
- Abby Sciuto (NCIS forensic specialist) – the sales rep who accesses their extensive networks and does the research to help you find the answers/solutions to your questions.
- Professor McGonagall (Hogwarts professor) – the sales rep who shares knowledge about your industry and teaches you about products/services.
- Rocky Balboa (Champion boxer) – the sales rep who never gives up, who keeps working hard, and perseveres until the goal is achieved.
- Han Solo (Star Wars pilot/hero) – the sales rep who watches your back, puts your interests first, and as your hero, swoops in to save your day.
Great sales reps have these and many more sterling characteristics. If you know anyone who has these traits don’t forget to hand out the award (a simple thank you is always appreciated)!