As part of the precautions from deleting information that is still in use, the system will not let anyone delete an Account Number that is currently in use on an invoice. The following steps will guide you through the process of reassigning invoices to a different account number -- one that you intend to keep -- so that the no longer desired account number can be removed from the system.
1. Edit the Customer with the incorrect account number.
2. Right click on the account number in the list, and select "Edit". In the Add/Edit Account dialog, change the account number to “AccountNumber-DONOTUSE”, then check the disabled date. Press "Ok" on the dialog, and then "Save" on the Add/Edit Customer screen.
3. Edit the Customer to whom the account number is supposed to be assigned. Add the account number to his list. Press Add to put the account number in the list, then press Save on the Add/Edit Customer screen.
4. Go to "Search" -> "Invoices" and put in the DONOTUSE account number. Press "OK".
5. When you get the search results back, verify all the results are for the same customer. Then, right click in the invoice table, and choose “Table -> Select All”.
6. With all the rows now selected, right click on the table again and choose “Bulk -> Assign Customer”. In this screen, type in the correct account number for which these invoices are to be assigned. Verify that the correct customer contact loads into the selector, and then press “Save”. This will begin reassigning all the invoices to this new Customer and Account Number combination. If there were a large number of invoices, it will take some time to complete, please be patient.
7. With all the invoices reassigned, return to the Customer Listing Table and find the customer with the DONOTUSE account number. Edit the Customer, and right click on the DONOTUSE account number, and choose “Delete”. The press “Save” on the Add/Edit Customer. With no invoices assigned to this account any longer, it should save without errors.