1. Opportunity Name - the name of your bid - "Boston County Bid"
2. Prospect - the name of your distibutors who have requested the bid quote - "Nike Brothers; CC Yellowfields" (you can enter any number of customers, distributors, prospects as long as they are separated by a semi-colon ";"
3. Primary Contact - the name of the person at your distributor (optional field) - left blank in the above example
4. Sales Rep - the name of the individual sales rep or the territory name - "Bob Doe"
5. Referred By - the name of the manufacturer you are quoting (in this case you can only list 1 company or name) - "Celtic Circles"
6. Projected Close Date - the bid opening date - "4/6/2009"
7. Competitor - the name of any competitors (an optional field) - (you can list more than one company) - "Michigan Abrasives"
8. Location - (an optional field)
9. Campaign - (an optional field)
10. Type - this field can be customized* - "Municipal bid"
11. Opportunity Phase - this field can be customized* - "Generating Quote"
12. Probability Date - this field is automatically configured according to the Type and Opportunity Phase selected. It can be overridden if required (not recommended)
13. Close Date - click on the box and select the date the bid was opened or awarded.
14. Close Reason - this field can be customized*
15. Products tab - enter the name of the manufacturer in the "Principal" field and then enter specific item numbers with pricing.
16. Notes tab - enter any pertinent comments in this area.
* Type, Opportunity Phase and Close Reason can all be customized to fit your requirements. Do this by clicking on "Go To" on the Menu bar and selecting "Opportunity Tracking -> Manage -> Type or Opportunity Phase or Close Reason". When the dialog box opens click on New and type in the new name of your Type, etc. Click "Save" and close.