Functionality has been added to the Invoices in MRSware to designate them as Issued or Not-Issued. The intended use of this checkbox is to indicate the state of an invoice for those Users who may do any of the following:
- enter an order before an invoice is shipped,
- enter an invoice before a manufacturer sends the agency a copy,
- generate their own invoices to customers, or
- have other special-case invoices that need to be logically separated from other, paid invoices.
This checkbox is simply an indicator for the User, so that they can differentiate a group of invoices from the others. Such as, "the Invoices with the Issued box not checked are ones that are waiting for confirmation from the vendor; when I get confirmation, I check the Issued box".
- Existing Invoices in MRSware are all marked as Issued (Issued is the definition of what all invoices in the system were previously).
- Imported invoices are all marked as Issued.
- New manually entered Invoices are default marked as Issued (checked) and can be unchecked.
This new feature is an indicator of the invoice state and, as such, has been added to several places within Invoice Entry to allow uses to see, interact, and find Invoices based on their state:
- The Invoice Listing table has a column labeled Issued that is a checkbox indicating the state of the invoice. This column appears after all other columns at the end of the row.
Invoice Quick Add
- The Quick Add panel has the ability to control the Issued state of an invoice being entered by leaving checked, or un-checking, the Issued checkbox.
- The Add/Edit Invoice dialog also has the Issued checkbox on it to allow users to control the Issued state by checking or un-checking it.
Invoice Advanced Search
- The Invoice Advanced Search dialog, found under Search -> Invoices, adds that ability for users to search by the Issued state of invoices. The default action is to ignore the Issued state by having the Only Invoices not Issued option un-checked. To find all invoices that have not been Issued, check the Only Invoices not Issued checkbox as part of the search criteria.