Whether you're entering the data yourself or have a few people in your office who handle your data entry, it's important to know your options for capturing the information that is important to your agency.
What you enter is often determined by what, when, and how you receive the orders, invoices, and/or commissions from your manufacturers.
What data do you receive?
- Commission reports
- Orders - individual order forms or order reports
- Shipping reports - individual shipment notices or shipping reports
- From: bare minimum - total sales & commission by customer
- To: a lot of detail - PO#, Order#, Invoice#, Dates, Line Item Details, Sales, Discounts, Customer, End User
- paper copies by mail or fax
- digital copies individually or via a report
- variety of report formats (.csv, .xlsx, .pdf, etc)
Here's when you might choose one or the other option:
- digital spreadsheets
Manual Entry - use Quick Add or New Order/Invoice/Commission forms
- paper copies of orders, invoices, commissions
- individually emailed copies of orders, invoices, commission
- digital copies with 3 or 4 rows and no line item details
New Invoice Form
To select a New Order or Invoice you click or tap the "plus icon"(screenshot on the left)
The screenshot on the right is the New Invoice form.
To open Quick Add, click or tap Quick Add in the Order, Invoice, or Payment menu.
The Quick Add form is the same for all three.
Regardless of the method you choose, MRSweb provides you with smooth, easy data entry.