Whether you're entering the data yourself or have a few people in your office who handle your data entry, it's important to know your options for capturing the information that is important to your agency.
What you enter is often determined by what, when, and how you receive the orders, invoices, and/or commissions from your manufacturers.
What data do you receive?
- Commission reports
- Orders - individual order forms or order reports
- Shipping reports - individual shipment notices or shipping reports
- From: bare minimum - total sales & commission by customer
- To: a lot of detail - PO#, Order#, Invoice#, Dates, Line Item Details, Sales, Discounts, Customer, End User
- paper copies by mail or fax
- digital copies individually or via a report
- variety of report formats (.csv, .xlsx, .pdf, etc)