The kind of filtering you do will mostly depend on customer-density, so it is going to vary from one rep and geography to another. Let me know if there is a specific combo / area you are trying to achieve, and I can probably be more specific with the filters.
Categories are Groups / Keywords
- Go to Companies, filter by City and/or State, Sales Rep, Company Type, etc.
- Click the "Select All" button in the top-left column header of Grid view (checks all the entries you are currently showing).
- Use the Batch Edit button to assign a new Category, such as "map: Greater Boston".
- Repeat for as many variations as you like. In the future, filter on the Categories column (using contains again) to pull up everyone in a particular group.
I am not sure how much you use Categories now, but the usage of it is as a generic / keyword grouping mechanism for both Companies and Individuals. Here are some that we use, just so you get an idea:
- Newsletter: Users
- Newsletter: General Audience
- Industry: Jan/San
- Industry: Automotive
- Member: AIM/R
- Member: PTRA
We actually have probably 100s of these checkboxes, so that we can easily pull up groups (and combinations of groups) for our various sales efforts. More information on Categories in general, can be found here: https://www.mrsware.com/apps/search?q=categories
You can see all of the Categories you have been using in Web, under the Contacts menu -> Contact Categories. If you haven't been tracking keywords, it does take some setting-up to get running. Buying Groups, Industry segments, even Job Title are all things that you can track, and may be able to import lists of those or use Batch Edit to add multiple contacts to a group all at the same time.
Request for Feedback